Bulls guard Cameron Payne has foot surgery, out 3-4 months
- 76ers C Embiid not cleared for 5-on-5s
- Bulls tab Collins as special adviser
- Pelicans re-sign F Cunningham for 1 year
- Key witness probed in Morris twins trial
- Irving: I don't owe James an explanation
CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Bulls say guard Cameron Payne had surgery on his broken right foot and is expected to be out three to four months.
Payne had surgery to repair the fifth metatarsal on Wednesday. The team says he will remain in a splint the next seven to 10 days and then spend six to eight weeks in a boot.
Payne was injured in a workout on July 18. Six weeks of rest in a boot was prescribed, but the team said recently a subsequent scan showed the bone did not heal "satisfactorily."
Payne also broke his right foot during the 2015-16 season with Oklahoma City.
Updated September 8, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.