New Orleans' women's basketball coach signs new contract
Womens College Headlines
- Notre Dame star Brianna Turner to miss season to rehab knee
- South Carolina guard Bradshaw leaving women's hoops program
- South Carolina women to take on UConn, Mississippi State
- Incoming freshman guard leaves South Carolina women's team
- New Orleans' women's basketball coach signs new contract
- Duke extends McCallie's contract through 2020-21
- Lady Vols' Russell has no regrets about opting to return
- A visit to Cuba: Siena women headed there to play and teach
- Maryland women to represent US in World University Games
NEW ORLEANS (AP) The University of New Orleans' women's basketball coach has signed a new deal, keeping her with the Privateers through the 2020-21 campaign.
The school, in a news release Monday, said Keeshawn Davenport guided the team to a 14-win season last year and a 9-9 mark in Southland Conference play, the best season in her five-year tenure as head coach.
The Privateers also reached the conference tournament for the first time since joining the league in 2013.
Director of Athletics Derek Morel says the university believes in Davenport and "anticipates many more successful seasons under her leadership."
The Privateers open the 2017-18 season in the Preseason WNIT, on Friday, Nov. 10 in Lafayette, against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Updated August 29, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.