Incoming freshman guard leaves South Carolina women's team
Womens College Headlines
- Notre Dame star Brianna Turner to miss season to rehab knee
- South Carolina guard Bradshaw leaving women's hoops program
- South Carolina women to take on UConn, Mississippi State
- Incoming freshman guard leaves South Carolina women's team
- New Orleans' women's basketball coach signs new contract
- Duke extends McCallie's contract through 2020-21
- Lady Vols' Russell has no regrets about opting to return
- A visit to Cuba: Siena women headed there to play and teach
- Maryland women to represent US in World University Games
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) South Carolina freshman Haley Troup has left the program and won't play basketball for the reigning national champions.
Gamecocks coach Dawn Staley announced Troup's departure on Wednesday.
Troup is a 5-foot-9 guard from Gadsden, Alabama, who had arrived on campus earlier this year and took part in South Carolina's exhibition trip to Japan this summer. She was expected to pick up some of the slack created by the decision of juniors Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray to declare for the WNBA after South Carolina won the NCAA Tournament last April.
Updated August 30, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.