South Carolina women to take on UConn, Mississippi State
Womens College Headlines
- Notre Dame star Brianna Turner to miss season to rehab knee
- South Carolina guard Bradshaw leaving women's hoops program
- South Carolina women to take on UConn, Mississippi State
- Incoming freshman guard leaves South Carolina women's team
- New Orleans' women's basketball coach signs new contract
- Duke extends McCallie's contract through 2020-21
- Lady Vols' Russell has no regrets about opting to return
- A visit to Cuba: Siena women headed there to play and teach
- Maryland women to represent US in World University Games
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) National champion South Carolina will face two of the three other Final Four teams this fall in back-to-back games when the Gamecocks take on UConn and Mississippi State.
The Gamecocks announced the non-conference opponents Thursday. The highlight is a home game on Feb. 1 with UConn, which was seeking its fifth straight national title when it lost in the national semifinals. South Carolina follows that contest with a road game at Mississippi State on Feb. 5.
The Gamecocks defeated the Bulldogs three times last season, including 67-55 in the national championship game.
It's the fourth straight year UConn and South Carolina have played in the regular season with the Huskies winning the previous three.
South Carolina will travel to Maryland on Nov. 13 and play Duke at home on Dec. 3.
Updated August 31, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.