Ex-Clemson coach Smith takes over at South Carolina State
Womens College Headlines
- NCAA basketball referee pleads guilty to molesting teen boy
- Florida's Simone Westbrook gets rare 7th year of eligibility
- Women's basketball mourns death of Anne Donovan
- Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist Anne Donovan dies.
- Summitt's spirit hovers over Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Holdsclaw returns to Knoxville for Hall of Fame induction
- Dailey, DeMoss make history as assistants in Hall of Fame
- Ex-Clemson coach Smith takes over at South Carolina State
- Wright and McGraw to receive Joe Lapchick Character Award
- A&M center Caylinne Martin charged with injury to elderly
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) Recently fired Clemson women's basketball coach Audra Smith is back on the sidelines at South Carolina State.
The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference school announced Smith's hiring at its head coach on Wednesday. Smith spent five seasons at Clemson where she had a record of 52-99. The Tigers with 11-19 this past season and just 1-15 in Atlantic Coast Conference play.
Smith was let go from Clemson in March
She takes over for Doug Robertson Jr., who had been women's basketball coach at South Carolina State for the previous 10 years. The Bulldogs were 12-18 this past season.
Smith's son, Anthony Oliver, is a member of the Clemson men's basketball team.
Updated June 6, 2018