NCAA basketball referee pleads guilty to molesting teen boy
Womens College Headlines
- Kim Barnes Arico receives extension through 2023 at Michigan
- Changing of the guard: Gamecocks look to backcourt success
- Cards' Jackson, Irish's Ogunbowale named ACC's top athletes
- Veteran women's college basketball ref Rachelle Jones dies
- Nebraska women add Fla International guard as grad transfer
- NCAA basketball referee pleads guilty to molesting teen boy
- Florida's Simone Westbrook gets rare 7th year of eligibility
- Women's basketball mourns death of Anne Donovan
- Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist Anne Donovan dies.
- Summitt's spirit hovers over Hall of Fame induction ceremony
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) A NCAA women's basketball referee has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for molesting a 14-year-old at a Georgia hotel.
The Marietta Daily Journal reports 58-year-old Wesley Tyronne Dean pleaded guilty Friday to molesting the boy at a Cobb County Hotel. County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Kim Isaza says Dean gave a full confession to investigators.
The newspaper reports the boy's mother found inappropriate texts between the teen and Dean in October 2016. The teen then told investigators that Dean drove him to a hotel where they engaged in sexual activity. Security video confirmed the two were together that night. Assistant District Attorney Katie Gropper says Dean gave the teen money and gifts "with the motivation of exploiting him sexually."
Dean has been in custody since last year.
Information from: Marietta Daily Journal, http://mdjonline.com/
Updated June 18, 2018